POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request to web authors : Request to web authors Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Request to web authors
From: Rune
Date: 18 Jan 2001 17:57:42
Message: <3a6774e6@news.povray.org>
I like surfing on all the many interesting POV-Ray related websites around,
but I don't do it much since I never know when there's something new on the
different websites. Browsing through lots of pages regularly just to find
that 95% have not been updated since last time I checked is not very fun...

So I encourage web authors to make available services to which visitors can
subscribe, so they'll get an e-mail at major updates of the site. Another
nice thing is a "what's new" list which shortly states the latest updates on
the site, so one know what to look for.

I'd gladly subscribe to many such services if I had the option. I also think
it's a good method for web authors to get more traffic on their sites, and
who wouldn't like that?

For examples of what I mean you can visit my own website
(http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk), and I know Lance Birch provides these services
too on his website (http://come.to/the.zone), as well as Chris Colefax
(http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/).

Rune